Thursday, February 4, 2010

25. Taken Classes

Often, certain teachers will take classes away from you, because they want to focus teaching something else that they think is more important, sometimes this makes sense and sometimes it doesn’t. Some teaches will take students and some won’t even within the same level. This I find funny, at one of the arguments I had with another teacher, I showed a movie to some 2nd level classes and not to others due to one of the teachers caring slightly and one not. They’re reasoning is that I shouldn’t unbalance the lessons between the students… BS. Some of the teachers will take the students for test prep, and some won’t even within the same level (Gang will take them (2 classes of level 2) and Hong won’t (5 classes of level 2)). Some teachers will randomly switch remedial and regular classes so you’re forced to unbalance the lessons with certain classes. Some classes were 6 weeks/3 lessons behind other classes in the same level because of the random class taking.

They ask you like it’s possible you would say no to them taking your class, lol. I don’t see why you would ever say no. Should I teach students that don’t want to learn with teachers that don’t want to teach, or should I just relax… hmm… choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment