Wednesday, February 3, 2010

12. Aftermath of a PR Nightmare

The co-teachers don’t realize the extent of their reliance on the native teacher… They decided to roll the dice and risked losing everything. They did by the time they had that teachers meeting. By the end of the first semester, I easily knew that I wasn’t going to be very helpful anymore. At the beginning of the second semester, they asked me for handouts for the last semester. I refused by saying they were lost already. Then, eight months in the school year, the third level teacher asked for my worksheets for the 3rd level advanced afterschool class from the first semester. I also refused; I said they were long gone. It’s not my butt on the line… it’s theirs. If I have to prove I’m doing work then I’ll do it to save my job, but not to make their lives easier because they think I should. If they were smart, they would’ve collected/stole them as we went along, like most of the other schools do.

I was always in favor of working together, but in their minds it’s “your job, not theirs.” They chose to ostracize me instead of working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment